Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Get URL path for image from episerver blob file

Vote:

I'm creating a blob file using the following method in my code

Adding to Blob

Thumbnail = MediaToBlob(thumbMediaUrl, accessToken, ".jpg", blobFactory, qbankMedia, "text/html");
                                    blobCache.Add(videoMediaUrl, qbankMedia.BinaryData);

MediaToBlob Method

public Blob MediaToBlob(string mediaUrl, string accessToken, string extension, IBlobFactory blobFactory, IQBankEpiMedia qbankMedia, string mimeType, int maxLength = int.MaxValue)
        {
            var mediaStream = GetMediaStream(mediaUrl, accessToken, mimeType, maxLength);

Blob blob = null;

if (mediaStream != null)
            {
                blob = blobFactory.CreateBlob(qbankMedia.BinaryDataContainer, extension);

using (var blobStream = blob.OpenWrite())
                {
                    byte[] buffer = new byte[64 * 1024];
                    int read;
                    while ((read = mediaStream.Read(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)) > 0)
                        blobStream.Write(buffer, 0, read);
                    mediaStream.Flush();
                    mediaStream.Close();
                }
            }

return blob;
        }

I Need to get a relative path to this Thumbnail object so that I can use it to render the image in site. I can use Thumbnail.ID.AbsoluteUri to get this :

epi.fx.blob://default/f791355aa6334c92b5f370c5cfafd971/adc882777a04431baae83a2e05f3f02d.jpg

instead of that, I need something like this:

http://localhost:8000/episerver/f791355aa6334c92b5f370c5cfafd971/adc882777a04431baae83a2e05f3f02d.jpg

Can anyone guide me to have something that I can use as normal Url for images?

Apr 19, 2022 16:43
Vote:

Hi, can't you use the public URL to the thumbnail? Not sure what format this is "http://localhost:8000/episerver/f791355aa6334c92b5f370c5cfafd971/adc882777a04431baae83a2e05f3f02d.jpg", it looks like nothing our APIs would produce. You can access thumbnail properties by appending the property name to the URL:

private readonly IUrlResolver _urlResolver;

var thumbnailUrl = _urlResolver.GetUrl(imageContentReference) + "/thumbnail";

This works for any thumbnail property your content type might have. 'Thumbnail' is the default thumbnail property available on ImageData.

Edited, Apr 20, 2022 9:38
Vote:

If you have a content reference to the media, then it's easier to follow Johans suggestion. 

However, if you only have access to the blob instance - have you tried using the blob.ID property? Can be used in one of the following ways:

Blob blob = ...;

var url  = UrlResolver.Current.GetUrl(new UrlBuilder(blob.ID), ContextMode.Default);

// ... or in a Razor file ...

@Url.ContentUrl(new Url(blob.ID))

// ... and also explore ...

var absolutePath = blob.ID.AbsolutePath;
Edited, Apr 20, 2022 9:47
Johan Petersson - Apr 20, 2022 9:53
I don't think this code will work if e.g. the blobs are stored in Azure Blob Storage.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.