Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create user in the same organisation as current user.

Vote:

Hello,

I want to do the following scenario. I am logged in QuickSilver as user with a specific role, let's say "UserAdmin" and I want to create a user myself that will be part of the same organisation as I am, i.e. using the same form as for registering a normal user.
I am not sure how to get the organisation the current user belongs - I think I need to relate user to contacts of organisation. The documentation I have found here http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-Commerce/9/Customers/Customers/ I think is outdated as those functions are now obsolete and obviously not covering everything. For instance the right way to get all the organisations now is using 
var organizations = CustomerContext.Current.GetOrganizations();
Submit
Any ideas how to do this right?

[Pasting files is not allowed]

Dec 03, 2015 9:48
Vote:

Hi,

CustomerContact has a property named ContactOrganization, or you can get the OrgarnizationId by CustomerContact.OwnerId (make sure to check if those are null)

Regards.

/Q

Dec 04, 2015 8:56
Vote:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve this and this is how I did it. I got really surprised that I had to use something awkward like GetContactByUserId("String:" + user.Email) ...

//Get current user as contact and get contacts organisation id
var customerContact = CustomerContext.Current.CurrentContact;
var organizationId = customerContact.ContactOrganization.PrimaryKeyId;

//Get the created user as contact and set the ownerid which is the organisations id the same as the current user
var newCustomerContact = CustomerContext.Current.GetContactByUserId("String:" + user.Email);
if (newCustomerContact != null)
{
    newCustomerContact.OwnerId = organizationId;
    newCustomerContact.SaveChanges();
}

Dec 10, 2015 13:17
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.