Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Read-only catalog

Vote:

In a scenario where the entire catalog is owned by a third-party system, e.g. a PIM, it would be nice if we could make the catalog read-only. Would it be possible to disable catalog editing alltogether or restrict it to certain fields?

Jun 03, 2015 8:50
Vote:

I don't think it's possible in CM, but for Catalog UI you can create your own content provider, inherit from CatalogContentProvider and simply does nothing in Save().

To make it truely "Read-only" then you might want to override the LinksRepository as well.

Another approach is to create an implementaion of CatalogEventListenerBase and prevent any modification by throwing exceptions. 

Regards.

/Q

Jun 03, 2015 10:52
Vote:

Hi Quan

Would the following be possible:

• Hook into the LoadedContent event on products/variants
  • Get the ACL from IContentSecurable.GetContentSecurityDescriptor()
  • Remove all but Read access rights from the ACL for the product

I've put a POC together for this on content in the past and was wondering if this would work on Catalog entries too?

David

Jun 03, 2015 12:59
Vote:

Hi,

Unfortunately Commerce implemetation of ACL does not support that thing right now - so I don't think that'll be possible.

Regards.

/Q

Jun 03, 2015 13:18
Vote:

And to complete my question above, you can also override the ProviderCapabilities property to remove ContentProviderCapabilities.Create/Edit/Delete/Move/Copy enum, then in Catalog UI, options to edit content (move/copy/save...) will be disabled. 

/Q

Jun 05, 2015 15:31
Vote:

Just an idea :)

var contenEventHandler = EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<EPiServer.Core.IContentEvents>();
                contenEventHandler.SavingContent+=contenEventHandler_SavingContent;

void contenEventHandler_SavingContent(object sender, ContentEventArgs e)
        {
            //Is it Commerce?
            e.RequiredAccess = AccessLevel.Administer;
            e.CancelAction = true;
        }

Regards

/K

Jun 09, 2015 11:38
Vote:

Is Episerver Commerce (Commerce UI, not Commerce Manager) going to have an implementation of ACL similar to the CMS one anytime soon? Meaning, an administrator would be able to set view/edit/create/updat/delete access rights on catalogs, nodes, products, etc?

Nov 28, 2016 14:47
Vote:

Hi,

It's in our backlog, but it would not happen anytime soon (I'm talking about 3-6 months period)

/Q

Nov 28, 2016 14:50
Vote:

Thank you Quan for your quick response :) 

Nov 28, 2016 14:53
Vote:

Hi!

Any news on this? Has ACL been implemented for Commerce?

Feb 18, 2020 9:16
Vote:

It has been implemented in Commerce 11.6.0 https://world.episerver.com/documentation/Release-Notes/ReleaseNote/?releaseNoteId=COM-49, limited to catalog and categories (entries inherit the setting from it true perent

Feb 18, 2020 9:19
Torbjörn Stavås - Feb 18, 2020 9:23
Thanks!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.