Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can CommerceManager be offline without disturbing the Commerce process?

Vote:

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Episerver CommerceManager. Is it possible to take CommerceManager offline without disturbing the Commerce process?

The reason I'm asking is because we want to give CommerceManager more resources during daytime but to remain within budget we want to disable CommerceManager during off-hours. We only want to do this if that means people can still put in orders.

Episerver CMS: 11.3.2
Episerver Commerce: 11.7.1

Thanks in advance for your time!

Feb 02, 2018 9:30
Vote:

Hi Lindy,

By all means, yes. The site project and the Commerce Manager projects are two separate sites, both of which utilize the underlying Epi APIs. I haven't tried it myself, but I know that it has and can be done :)

Feb 02, 2018 9:54
Vote:

Hi Joel!

Ah, that's great! Thank you very much for you answer laughing

Edited, Feb 02, 2018 9:57
Vote:

I can confirm that you can have a perfectly working Commerce site without even deploying a corresponding commerce manager site. The tiny integration which gives you a Commerce Manager option under Commerce in the epi UI is also its own optional NuGet package (EPiServer.Commerce.UI.ManagerIntegration) so you can skip that if you don't run a Commerce Manager site.

Feb 02, 2018 10:44
Vote:

For futuer visitors, the answers from Joel and Magnus are of course correct. I just want to add that the two sites are independent, and unless you want to use the management future, such as catalog (you should use Catalog UI anyway), or orders, or customers. If you don't want to use those features (which is reasonable because no editors or mechandisers should work off hours), you can turn CM site off, without any affects on end-user experience when they use the front-end site to browse catalog or place orders.

We have customers which do not use CM at all as they have some other integrated systems to handle those features provided by CM.  

Feb 02, 2018 15:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.