Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customer Service Representatives UI and OWIN?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm trying out the new beta of "Customer Service Representatives UI" but when fetching data from "https://..../EPiServer.Commerce.UI.CustomerService//countries" I get a 401 unauthorized response.

The user is a member of the CustomerServiceRepresentatives group and EPiBetaUsers and the feature-switch-config is set to "Enabled".

Is OWIN not supported for the CSR UI or have I simply done something wrong during the setup?

Have anybody else got this to work?

Kind regards,
Mikael

Jan 31, 2019 8:35
Vote:

CSR uses WebAPI controller. If your OWIN setup supress the host authentication cookie (i.e. remove it), then your users will be unauthenticated when trying to access those controllers. 

Jan 31, 2019 11:20
Vote:

Sorry for the late feedback and thanks for your answer Quan!

It led me in the right direction.

To resolve my issue I had to add an additional HostAuthenticationFilter to handle cookies and bearer tokens using the following line:

config.Filters.Add(new HostAuthenticationFilter(DefaultAuthenticationTypes.ApplicationCookie));

Feb 19, 2019 11:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.