Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog update with service api performance issue

Vote:

Hej

I'm currently working with a site where we have upgraded to the latest version of commerce (13.15) and service api (5.4.2). We are using the catalog service api to update the catalog with categories, products, variations etc. However, after the upgrade, the work of doing all the updates takes forever and as it is now, we cannot ship this to production.

The only change we have done in the catalog update job is that we have implemented "PublishStatuses" instead of using "Epi_IsPublished". Could this be the reason for the job now taking so long time to run?

Thanks!

//Jessica

Feb 19, 2020 7:04
Vote:

PublishStatuses should be the right way to do it and we haven't noticed any performance degradation regarding that change. As always you should use dotTrace or some other profiler to find out which code is slow and we will continue from there.

Feb 19, 2020 7:14
Vote:

Hi Quan

Okey, good to hear that the PublishStatuses shouldn't be an issue. I can also mention that we are upgrading from version commerce version 11.8.3 and service api version 4.2.1. Any other big things that has happend between the versions that can affect the performance?

It is only the calls to the service api that has increased (it is called from another application), but I guess that doing some kind of profiling should be the next step.

Feb 19, 2020 8:29
Vote:

So I made a test by only running parts of the update procedure (uses /episerverapi/commerce/nodes) and the time difference between the versions is significant:

• Commerce 11.8.3, service api 4.2.1: takes around 2 minutes
  • Commerce 13.15.0, service api 5.4.2: takes around 30 minutes

The update procedure uses the exact same base data and updates the same amount of categories.  

Feb 19, 2020 9:21
Vote:

If you can use dotTrace to profile the newer version and send the trace to me (quma [at] episerver.com), I will be happy to look into that 

Feb 20, 2020 10:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.