Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Table referenced for NodeContent (Category nodecontent)

Vote:

There's a significant update that I need to make happen on our database to update phone numbers saved in NodeContent for our Category structure. There is a BottomContent xhtmlstring(EPiServer.Core.XhtmlString) that is created on our Category's that our content team has added contact information to, and I'd like to be able to do a mass update of this phone number data so they don't have to go in and update it manually. Where should I be looking in the Epi tables (i'm assuming the commerce DB) in order to find these records?

The plan is to put a query together, test locally, then submit to DXC services to perform the update once I'm satisfied that the update is working correctly. 

Aug 12, 2020 15:47
Vote:

Hi Sean

Episerver recommends against touching the databases directly. Instead you are advised to use the Content API to load, change and save the nodes.

But if you are confident in updating the node content directly in the database, have a look at the CatalogContentProperty table. Also remember to clear the cache to reload the updated node content.

Aug 12, 2020 18:07
Sean Haddy - Aug 12, 2020 21:18
Thank you very much Stefan!
Vote:

Sounds like something you can write as a  scheduled job to run. Much safer and you don't have to care about cache. By using new batch api you should be able to update few thousands of nodes in less than 1 hour, and that is compensated by the time you need to deploy and test it

Aug 13, 2020 7:27
Quan Mai - Aug 13, 2020 13:09
I meant develop and test it
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.