Our DevOps pipeline was building fine on 9/9. No Issues.
Now, as of about Thursday 9/16, the build that worked fine on 9/9 (and subsequent builds) will no longer work due to a Nuget dependency issue that I cannot figure out.
Any idea what the heck is going on?
The only thing that "solved" the issue was downgrading EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce to 3.2.27 and setting up a Binding Redirect for 13.31.1 -> 13.31.0 on Episerver.Commerce.
We had similar issues when we were using Foundation baseline code, where the dependencies were directly related to the projects and were not managed globally using package.config. We solved it by using global nuget package.config files which ensures it only download the package that is defined in the configuration file.
Thanks, Sujit, I do not think that is the issue as this is not Foundation and we use package.config, too.
We are now having this problem on other solutions, too. Currently we are continuing to have to put in place binding redirects on them all to get around it. I really do think it is a dependency issue across Epi packages on 184.108.40.206
Thanks David for the confirmation.
Did you reach Episerver Developer Support? I believe they are able to create a defect and resolve as soon as possible.
That is very strange, you should be able to upgrade to 13.31.1 without problem. Could you just upgrade to CMS 11.20.8 first?
I am now having this problem on 3 different solutions.
I upgraded CMS to 11.20.8, then CMS.UI to 11.36.0 and they work fine on local host, but on the CI server and DXP I receive both in CMS:
and in Commerce Manager:
So then I attempt to upgrade Commerce to 220.127.116.11 locally and it does not upgrde, automtically backs out the requested 13.31.1 and goes back to 13.31.0, and gives error message:
Note that Commerce.Azure is at 14.0.20 already before I started this. (this is new error since you all released .net 5, but same result, before it was the Castle.Windsor issue)
The only thing that worked was putting in the binding redirects:
I was having a very similar issue locally. What I found was that I had a cached version of EPiServer.Commerce.Azure 14.0.20, where the .nuspec had an incorrect dependency. After clearing that package out of my nuget cache (on Windows, here: %userprofile%\.nuget\packages ), and letting it re-download from the nuget feed, everything seems to be working as expected for me.
If you're not sure if that's your issue, one way to check is to open the package file (EPiServer.Commerce.Azure.14.0.20.nupkg) (just unzip it) and check out the file EPiServer.Commerce.Azure.nuspec -- the dependency on EPiServer.Commerce.Core should be [13.31.1], NOT [13.31.0].