Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installing New Module in CMS R2 (EpiGoogleSiteMaps)

Vote:

OK, so as I understand it adding custom modules, such as EpiGoogleSitemaps, to CMS R2, is done using the new EpiServer Installation Manager.

I have the demo edtion of R2 on my laptop so I can try out a few things. The EpiGoogleSitemaps module does not come with a powerShell script. Are these a must for installing into CMS R2?

TIA

Pat Long 

Nov 25, 2008 23:23
Vote:

Second that question. In R1 it was fairly simple to package your whole website into a module zip and deploy to your server. Seems like for R2 you need to create an PowerShell script to achieve the same thing.

I think it is great that there is now a mechanism to cater for powerful deployment scenarios, but since I would like to keep my deployment routines as simple as they were for R1 for all standard sites I would like to know if I should invest my time in creating a powershell script that would achieve the same thing or if this is something we can expect EPiServer to deliver some form of simple deployment mechanisms for simple modules that doesn't need any special dialogues to install.

Cheers
Henrik Nystrom

Nov 26, 2008 5:26
Vote:

Jan 19, 2009 14:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.