Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiplexing Providers - Automatic login

Vote:

The Customer has an extranet solution with Multiplexing providers. The customer wants the domain users (AD users) to be automatically logged in. I have digged in to it quite deep, but I don't find any solutions (I have found some solutions that mix Forms and Windows auth. but it is not useful on EPiServer, because we must use Multiplexing). I can't find so much about this issue in the forum, but there is a couple of topics. Theese topics says it can't be done.

Is it really so? Isn't there any solution for this?

We are using EPiServer 5

Jun 07, 2010 10:23
Vote:

Could it be possible to run two instances with slightly different configuration, and make sure AD users from the intranet are routed to one instance set up for windows auth directly against AD provider? This would require an additional license of course.

Jun 07, 2010 11:31
Vote:

It is actually the only thing I've come up with, but I want to make sure that there was no other solution before I propose an additional license for the customer.
Thanks for the reply.

It was actually one of the thoughts that went past, but I realized it would need an additional license. 

I will propose this to the customer.

Thanks for the reply.

Jun 07, 2010 15:18
Vote:

Just to be clear I have never tried a setup like that, it's just a shot in the dark :)

Jun 08, 2010 7:05
Vote:

Maybe "Mixing Forms and Windows Security in ASP.NET" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972958.aspx could be helpful?

Jun 09, 2010 13:45
Vote:

I have tried a similar description, but I had some problems with ReturnURL. In this solution they use Global.asax to set the ReturnURL. Thank you for the information. It should work. 

All that remains is a problem with the ISA Server, but that is not EPiServer related. It prompt the user for username and password when Integrated Windows Authentication is used and anonymous users are disabled.

Jun 10, 2010 13:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.