Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using TinyMCE with dynamic content controls

Vote:

I want to create a dynamic content control that has properties including xhtml properties.

I have set it up to use a settings control e.g.

[

GuiPlugIn(Url = "~/SOMEPATH_SettingsControl.ascx", Area = PlugInArea.DynamicContent)]

In the settings control I am currently just using a textbox to input this, but this is not very good because users need to know all the html markup and manually type it in.

Does anyone know how to display a TinyMCE (or other html editor) in the settings control?

Jan 24, 2011 17:33
Vote:

Hi!

Check this page for an example of the simplest way to create a setting ui with episerver properties:

http://sdk.episerver.com/library/cms6/Developers%20Guide/Advanced%20Features/Dynamic%20Content/How%20To/Create%20UI%20Settings%20for%20Dynamic%20Content.htm

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Jan 25, 2011 8:34
Vote:

I have created a settings user control and written all the code for the Propertydatacollection and saving the properties.

The thing I am missing is the code or markup for rendering an html editor instead of a textbox on the settings user control.

Jan 25, 2011 10:16
Vote:

Hi again!

My first suggestion was to remove the url property from the DynamicContentPlugIn attribute and let EPiServer auto-create the ui. If this is not an option and you want to customize the ui please the "Using the TinyMCE Editor from Template Pages" section in the tinymce developers guide tech note on how to add/configure an editor in your custom code:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-60/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide/

/Linus

Jan 25, 2011 12:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.