Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding custom validation in XForm

Vote:

I want to add to validation on Age [RequiredFieldValidation and RegularExpressionValidator] which is in XForm.

If I add   <asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" ValidationGroup="XForm" DisplayMode="BulletList" ShowSummary="true" EnableClientScript="true" runat="server" /> in the form in which XForm is loading it shows only one ErrorMessage for all validations.

You haven't specified all required fields

I also tried adding custom validation in global.asax.cs

if (pg.CurrentPage.PageTypeName.Trim().ToLower() == "formname")
{
foreach (Control control in formControl.Controls)
{
if (control is BaseValidator)
((BaseValidator)control).ErrorMessage = LanguageManager.Instance.TranslateFallback("/xform/" + ((BaseValidator)control).ControlToValidate.Replace("_", "").ToLower().Trim(), "");

}
}

but the problem is that it also show only one custom errormessage. But if i remove this code and keep the validation summary on the aspx page then after showing the errormessage "" it does show the second numeric message.

Any idea how can i add the custom errormessage and 2 validation.

Mar 01, 2011 5:37
Vote:

What you'd need to do is hook the ControlCreated event of the XFormControl, then iterate through the controls collection.  When you find an IValidator control, you need to set a custom message in the ErrorMessage property.

Mar 05, 2011 20:19
Vote:

See http://www.frederikvig.com/2010/11/semantic-markup-with-episerver-xforms/ for an example.

Mar 06, 2011 22:44
Vote:

Thanks, IValidator is adding the custom error message.

But I am trying to display the error message from my xml.

<email>
          <caption>E-mail address</caption>
          <inlineerrormessage>Not a valid e-mail address.</inlineerrormessage>
          <summaryerrormessage>* is not a valid e-mail address.</summaryerrormessage>
        </email>

<requiredfield>
        <inlineerrormessage>This field is required</inlineerrormessage>
        <summaryerrormessage>You haven't specified all required fields</summaryerrormessage>
      </requiredfield>

this is the xml which tag which is used to display message. I am not able to figure out how summaryerrormessage of required field and for a particular datatype is set.

Mar 17, 2011 6:27
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.