Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EpiServer 5 : Hangs on Save + Publish using DataFactory

Vote:

Hi all,

I'm having a little problem getting some code to work when a user clicks Save and Publish after editting a page. Essentially I am automatically replacing some text in the pages content with some default properties set on the root page.

Everything appears to be working find, and I have done everything correctly - as far as I can tell; however on clicking Save and Publish, EpiServer will "hang" or "freeze" on the pages "view" tab. Links aren't clickable until I hit F5. After hitting F5 everything works again, and my code has successfully replaces the text.

Here is the method I have added to the Global.asax.cs file:

private void CustomSave(object sender, PageEventArgs e)
		{
			PageData pageData = e.Page.CreateWritableClone();
			PageData startPageData = DataFactory.Instance.GetPage(new PageReference(PageReference.StartPage.ID));
			string searchText = startPageData.Property["SearchTerm"] != null
			                    	? startPageData.Property["SearchTerm"].Value.ToString()
			                    	: String.Empty;
			string replaceText = startPageData.Property["TermTextReplace"] != null
									? startPageData.Property["TermTextReplace"].Value.ToString()
			string linkText = startPageData.Property["TermUrl"] != null
									? startPageData.Property["TermUrl"].Value.ToString()
			string openInNewWindow = String.Empty;

if (pageData.Property["Mainbody"] != null)
			{
				string mainBodyText = pageData.Property["Mainbody"].Value.ToString();

//Replace
				if (searchText.Length > 0 && mainBodyText.Contains(searchText))
				{
					if (replaceText.Length > 0)obtHlMrnncxcfMLTdr7j
					{
						mainBodyText = mainBodyText.Replace(searchText, !string.IsNullOrEmpty(linkText) ? string.Format("<a href=\"{0}\" target=\"{1}\">{2}</a>", linkText, openInNewWindow, replaceText) : replaceText);
					}
				}

pageData.Property["Mainbody"].Value = mainBodyText;
				DataFactory.Instance.Save(pageData, SaveAction.Publish);
			}
		}

Is there something extra I should do after "DataFactory.Instance.Save(pageData, SaveAction.Publish);"?

Thanks for any help,
Henrik

Mar 28, 2011 16:42
Vote:

OK - I just thought it might be the popup blocker. I'm using Chrome and didn't get a info bar. Turned off popup blocking and EpiServer did show me the conflict resolution form. Just need to figure out how to get round that automatically.

Cheers.

Mar 28, 2011 16:54
Vote:

Are you infinitlely looping?  Any chance you're calling Save/Publish some inside a method which hooks Save or Publish?

(Not that I've ever done anything like that...  :-)

Mar 28, 2011 18:06
Vote:

@Deane: Your exactly right - doh! It is stuck in a loop.

I wrapped the "DataFactory.Instance.Save(pageData, SaveAction.Publish);" code bit with if (pageData.IsModified), which seems to do the trick.

I guess I'm just wondering now if there is a better way. It seems to save OK, but I have to refresh the page once it goes back to the view tab.

Cheers 

Mar 29, 2011 11:24
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.