Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

404 Handler

Vote:

Hello,

I have a CMS6 project with IIS7. To day I installed BVN.404Handler from EpiServer NuGet on my Epi prosject. After the installation I get 500 - Internal server error. There is some information about the error in Windows Log:

Exception information:

Exception type: TargetInvocationException

Exception message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreateNonPublicInstance(Type type, Object[] args)

at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context)

at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext)

The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1) The export 'BVNetwork.FileNotFound.CustomRedirects.CustomRedirectInitialization (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule")' is not assignable to type 'EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule'.

Resulting in: Cannot set import 'EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Modules (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule")' on part 'EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine'.

Element: EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Modules (ContractName="EPiServer.Framework.IInitializableModule") -->  EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionResult.ThrowOnErrors(AtomicComposition atomicComposition)

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionResult.ThrowOnErrors()

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ComposablePartExportProvider.Compose(CompositionBatch batch)

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionContainer.Compose(CompositionBatch batch)

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.AttributedModelServices.ComposeParts(CompositionContainer container, Object[] attributedParts)

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)

at EPiServer.Global..ctor()

at ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\202c9513\d83bf567\App_global.asax.33jcm4ew.0.cs:line 0

Does anybody know how it should be fixed?

I appreciate any tips.

Best regards,

Kianoush Eshaghi

Mar 23, 2012 17:39
Vote:

It could be the same solution as described here: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=57669&epslanguage=en

That is edit the proj-file and change the reference for System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll...

Mar 23, 2012 23:43
Vote:

I didn't still get to run the project:( I think there is some compatibility problem with BVNetwork.EPi404.dll on such project based on ASP.NET 4.. Any idea which can solve the problem?

Mar 26, 2012 14:49
Vote:

I have done the workaround which is described under http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/EPiServer-CMS-60-now-supporting-ASPNET-40/ , in the step 6 it points to right "CMS's dll" for System.ComponentModel.Composition.dll. The dll which has been installed on my PC, has the product version 2009.22.10.0. I am not sure whether it is right DLL.

I appreciate any pointers.

Mar 26, 2012 16:51
Vote:

Version 2009.22.10.0 is the right one.
Check out this blog: http://www.david-tec.com/2011/05/Default-webconfig-files-for-EPiServer-CMS-6-R2-running-net-40/

I suggest that you compare the relevant parts your web.config with the samples provided in the blog post.

Mar 27, 2012 15:27
Vote:

The description is about setting that EPiServer CMS6 R2 gets to run on .Net Framework 4.0. I had no problem to run my EPiServer Project before installation of 404Handler. After installation, I always have gotten this error message.

Mar 28, 2012 10:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.