Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Manually removing a shortcut link in the database

Vote:

Hi all,

During testing of an EPiServer site, we accidentally set a shortcut link our (custom) Login page, pointing to another EPiServer CMS page. Now you see, in order to remove that shortcut setting, I need to be able to login, which I can't because I'm being redirected...

So, does anyone know which tables etc I should look for in the database to manully remove it? Or can I login with util/login.aspe somehow? (don't know how the url would be though).

Apr 20, 2012 11:10
Vote:

yourhost/util/login.aspx is the correct url. :)

Apr 20, 2012 12:04
Vote:

Just temporarily change the loginUrl in authentication / forms in web.config to /util/login.aspx so you can login using the standard login page. Or just browse to it directly like Erik mentioned, very possible that will work too.

Apr 20, 2012 13:04
Vote:

Thanks guys,

Just browsing to yourhost/util/login.aspx still redirected me to the wrong page, but changing the loginUrl in web.config did the trick!

Apr 20, 2012 13:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.