Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The Missing Manual and other resources

Vote:

Hey All,

My question is: what are some great resources out there?

Of course there are the docs themselves. And the come back stronger materials (and EPi courses in general) are great.

I've recently just bought and finished reading through Jon's The Missing Manual. I thought it was great. I really enjoyed how Jon not only walks you through how to do something, but he explains why and also provides alternate approaches whilst providing his thoughts on the pros and cons of each approach.

As someone who only has ~4 years of EPi (and C# / .NET) experience, I am very aware of the old saying "you can't know what you don't know about' - or words to that effect. I'm currently working my way through Mark J Price's 'C# 9 and .NET 5', which is the second book of Mark's I've purchased. Whilst not EPi specific per se, it's been great for broadening my understanding of what's achievable which is scratching the itch nicely.

I don't work with Commerce right now, but at some point I will most likely pick up a copy of Quan Mai's commerce related material.

So yeah, any other recommendations from anyone?

Thanks,

Alex

Mar 19, 2021 8:32
Vote:

Hi,

You can go for some of their training

https://www.episerver.com/education-store/technical-users

and play with code examples from their Github repo

https://github.com/episerver

Edited, Mar 19, 2021 8:54
Alex Brown - Mar 19, 2021 9:08
Hey Ravindra,

Good shout about using the repos as a playground; self exploration is definitely key to solidify any learning.

I was actually really fortunate that my first week on the job was in London at the CMS Bootcamp run by Mark - such a great experience. I'll have to pitch the DXP subscription to my boss again this year ;)
Scott Reed - Mar 22, 2021 9:31
I agree around access to the training. The Episerver academy training covers all of the fundamentals, advanced concepts and also parts of the tracking and personalization it's a great resource. Also FYI Mark has a C#9 and .NET 5 book out that's great if you want good resource.
Alex Brown - Mar 22, 2021 9:51
Thanks Scott,
That is exactly the book of Mark's I've linked to ;) - It is a very good resource indeed.
Scott Reed - Mar 22, 2021 9:53
Sorry skimmed read your post between emails lol yes it's great. Also I can recommend highly Software Architecture in C#9 and .NET 5 too which I'm reading. It's more higher level but it's excellent
Vote:

For me, Episerver & Episerver dev's Github and Blogs are the biggest sources of learning. 

Edited, Mar 21, 2021 22:24
Alex Brown - Mar 22, 2021 9:50
Thanks Naveed,

any particular dev's Githubs you found useful?

Alex
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.