Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"Wildcard" pages in Epi CMS?

Vote:

Hi,

In Sitecore we have the ability to create a structure like this:

• home
    • foo

Where * is considered a "wildcard" page.  This allows you to visit mysite.com/foo/1 as well as mysite.com/foo/2 and in both cases the * item is what's rendered. From the backend we can interrogate the incoming URL and render different components accordingly.  This is useful for things like product catalogs, where the * represents a product ID and the components on the page lookup that product at rendering time to dynamically change.

I am looking for similar functionality in Episerver CMS.  I essentially have a single page item in Epi that has a collection of blocks on it.  These blocks are "url aware" and will pluck out an ID from the URL and look up data dynamically to render.  In this particular case it is not products, but instead custom business data coming from a REST API.

I know that I can do this with a fixed route registered in MVC to intercept URLs dynamically.  What I want to do is extend this a bit further though and let the content authors control what this URL pattern may be.  Is there functionality similar to this in Episerver?

I also know that I can do this with query parameters, but we'd prefer to use folder paths to keep the URLs cleaner and easier to read.

Edited, May 18, 2021 16:39
Vote:

May 18, 2021 21:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.