Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hide custom form field in summary and posted data

Vote:

Hi!
I have built a custom form field in CMS 11 for a honeypot according to this page https://www.codeart.dk/blog/2020/8/episerver-forms-avoiding-spam-with-a-honeypot/.
I don't want the form property to be included in either the "summary" or the posted form data. How can achieve that? SubmissionData.Data.Remove(honeypotElement.ElementName); does not remove the field from either the summary or the posted form data.

Best regards
Kristian
Edited, Nov 14, 2022 10:15
Vote:

You can create your own DataSubmissionService 

i.e. 

public class CustomDataSubmissionService : DataSubmissionService
    {
Override the SubmitActionResult PerformDataSubmit and remove the fields you do not require
        public override SubmitActionResult PerformDataSubmit(NameValueCollection rawSubmittedData,
            HttpContextBase httpContext, 
            ControllerBase controller)
        {

Then just register in IOC
                context.StructureMap().Configure(c =>
                {
                    c.For<DataSubmissionService>().Use(new CustomDataSubmissionService());
                });
Edited, Nov 14, 2022 10:49
Vote:

Hi!

But if I remove the honeypot form field in the overridden PerformDataSubmit method I guess I won't be able to check if the honeypot form field has a value or not in my HoneypotActor.

It's in the HoneypotActor I check if the honeypot form field has a value (probably a spam robot has filled it in). If it has a value I cancel the submit.

I only want the honeypot form field to be excluded from "#summary" and stored form submissions.

public class HoneypotActor : PostSubmissionActorBase, ISyncOrderedSubmissionActor
    {
        public int Order => 1;

public override object Run(object input)
        {
            var formContainerBlock = FormIdentity.GetFormBlock();
            var formElements = formContainerBlock.Form.Steps.SelectMany(st => st.Elements);
            var honeypotElements = formElements.Where(elem => elem.SourceContent is HoneypotElementBlock).ToList();
            if (honeypotElements.Any())
            {
                foreach (var honeypotElement in honeypotElements)
                {
                    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(SubmissionData.Data[honeypotElement.ElementName]?.ToString()))
                    {
                        var formId = formContainerBlock.Content.ContentLink.ID;
                        var result = new SubmissionActorResult
                        {
                            CancelSubmit = true,
                            ErrorMessage = LocalizationService.Current.GetString("/blocks/honeypotelementblock/errormessage")
                        };
                        return result;
                    }

//Remove data for HoneyPotElement from final data.
                    SubmissionData.Data.Remove(honeypotElement.ElementName);
                }
            }

return "";
        }
    }

Best regards

Kristian

Edited, Nov 16, 2022 9:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.