Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hosting static content when moving to DXP.

Vote:

I was hoping to get some advice on the best approach to tackle this business problem. I'm in the process of moving content from a classic asp website to CMS 12/NET6. Currently the business uses a tool, something like Adobe Captivate to create interactive tutorials. The tool generates a bunch of html/css/js files, packages them up in a complex folder structure that needs to remain intact. I drop the entire folder directly into a file share/webserver and everyone is happy. I'll be decomissioning this server after the move to CMS12/DXP. This question is for you Optimizely Community: How would you tackle this? What are my options? What is the best approach?   

Edited, Jun 06, 2023 3:00
Vote:

Hi Larry

The simple and easy way is to include your static file and assets under wwwroot folder, and deploy them to DXP, then you should be able to access them directly from DXP

Jun 06, 2023 5:36
LarryVictorio - Jun 06, 2023 18:00
I suppose that would work if I was only interested in hosting the existing apps. But the business users create these tutorials often, with very little lead time. A DXP deployment each time they want to post these would not be feasible for me in this situation.
Vote:

Vincents way is one option if it's not changing it's probably the best approach. Other is to create an admin tool that can take a zip or somethng then extract and direct upload in to a blob container all your files and then reference, then you can just change them as you need.

Jun 06, 2023 16:00
Vote:

Building on what Scott said, Deane Barker has already built something which can take a zip file uploaded via the CMS and serve the contents as though they were part of the site. The readme in the repo describes it as "Wildly alpha and totally unsupported" but, if nothing else, it could give you a good start. You can find the repo here:

https://github.com/deanebarker/content-cloud-response-providers

Jun 06, 2023 17:16
Vote:

Thank you Scott and Paul. This is exactly the head start I was looking for. 

Jun 06, 2023 18:19
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.