Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export/Import/Mirroring with PageReference property

Vote:

Hi,
We've found something that we are pretty sure is a bug, can anyone confirm this scenario:

Let's say you have three pagetypes PageTypeA, PageTypeB, and PageTypeC.
Now, PageTypeA only allows PageTypeB to created beneath it, meaning that PageTypeC is not allowed to be created directly under PageTypeA. PageTypeC lives under PageTypeB.
This is what it could look like in the Edit tree:
PageOFTypeA
        PageOfTypeB
                PageOfTypeC

Now, PageOfTypeB has a PageReference property set to point to PageOfTypeC.   
With this setup take an export of PageOfTypeB(PageOfTypeC will ofcourse also be part of this export)
Import the package to PageOfTypeA.

Then we get this error:
PageTypeC is not allowed to be created below parent with page type PageTypeA.

This only happens if the Pagereference property on PageOfTypeB is set.
Logicaly it seems like the importert tries to place the PageOfTypeB on the import root first so that it gets the correct PageID of it before importing PageOfTypeB so it can write the correct walue to the Pagereference property.

Regards,
Morten

Jan 25, 2010 9:18
Vote:

I've experienced that problem many times, it's really annoying. :(

Jan 25, 2010 14:20
Vote:

Thank you for confirming it Erik!

Anoying to say the least, it realy wrecks havoc to our mirroring...

Jan 25, 2010 14:53
Vote:

Hi Morten,

I have reported this issue as a bug i.e:Bug #36931 but I have tested this behavior in CMS6-RC1 and I was unable to reproduce it there. It's seems like it has already been fixed in the latest release.

Possible workaround could be to allow all pageTypes under pageOfTypeA on destination site.

Thanks for bringing up this issue.

Regards,

Shahid
EPiServer Support Team

Jan 26, 2010 8:58
Vote:

Shahid,

Thank you for the heads-up.
We are considering that workaround, not that many do direct publsihing to the destination site, so it might be an option.

Regards,
Morten

Jan 26, 2010 15:53
Vote:

After implementing the workaround with giving the parent pagetype(PageTypeA) the ability to have any pagetype below, we found that this error is worse.

Now we get this error on import:

[Importing page 185942_771683] Exception: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.[]

This is only when PageOfTypeB has a reference to PageOfTypeC.
So the workaround is not good :-(

Regards,
Morten Sorby

Feb 01, 2010 10:49
Vote:

Hi Morten,

My bad, I didn't notice this behavior while testing. It might be because I've already installed the hotfix for this issue. Nevertheless, its a known issue in SP2 with Bug #31514: Mirroring CMS 5: Import fails because of invalid sqldatetime.

Good news is that we have a fix available for this issue. Send a request to EPiSever Developer Support for this fix.

Feb 01, 2010 11:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.