SaaS CMS has officially launched! Learn more now.

BUG: Deploy Database to Microsoft Azure SQL Database fails with SQL Management Studio 18

Vote:
 

Hi all,

I'm trying to deploy my local database to Azure SQL and it fails in SQL Management Studio 18, giving the following error:

One or more unsupported elements were found in the schema used as part of a data package.
Error SQL46010: Procedure: [dbo].[netRemoteSiteLoad] contains a statement that is not supported on Microsoft Azure SQL Database v12. The specific error is: Incorrect syntax near Url.
Error SQL46010: Procedure: [dbo].[netRemoteSiteList] contains a statement that is not supported on Microsoft Azure SQL Database v12. The specific error is: Incorrect syntax near Url.
Error SQL46010: Procedure: [dbo].[netRemoteSiteSave] contains a statement that is not supported on Microsoft Azure SQL Database v12. The specific error is: Incorrect syntax near Url.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac)

I noticed it happens also if I simply try to export the database to a .bacpac file. Is there anything in the database structure which is not compatible with the new software? I wouldn't like to downgrade my SQL Server Management Studio version just for this error and I'm wondering if there is any action I cat take to make it work in the meanwhile.

Thanks in advance

#204802
Jun 18, 2019 18:02
Vote:
 

Hi Matteo

I get the same issue with SSMS v18.1, however I'm able to generate the BACPAC file via command line with no problem. I guess the issue is related to new version of SSMS, not database structure.

#205986
Jul 31, 2019 3:39
Vote:
 

Hi, just want to add here for future reference for someone. If you are getting error messages like in the first message in this thread then you might also want to check your database option 'Compatibility level' value. For example if it is SQL Server 2008 (100) it will create these kind of error messages when exporting data tier app. So you should increase it to a higher version and everything should just work.

#206023
Aug 01, 2019 8:03
Vote:
 

My database compatibility level is on sql 2012, but still no luck. 

I have reported this issue to MS, they suggest me upgrade to the newer version  to see if the problem fixed. I received an update this morning, but haven’t got chance to test it yet.

#206028
Aug 01, 2019 8:41
Vote:
 

To give everybody a small update:

I wrote to Episerver support and they suggested me to solve the compatibility issues. 

I opened the stored procedures  [dbo].[netRemoteSiteLoad], [dbo].[netRemoteSiteList] and [dbo].[netRemoteSiteSave] and I edited them by replacing every instance of Url with [Url] and verything worked like a charm.

#206778
Aug 29, 2019 16:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.