Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting Routing__UseTrailingSlash to "false" removes "View on website" link from chosen Startpage

Vote:

Steps to reproduce:

Create a new Alloy project and set the UseTrailingSlash option to false. Start the site and update the hosts under Manage Websites; remove the wildcard host and set the localhost:5000 to have "en" as culture. Now the "View on website" link that pages usually have in the Options-button in edit-mode is gone from the english version of the startpage. (You can still access the startpage by going to localhost:5000)

Nov 18, 2022 11:14
Vote:

Hi Gustav

If this is still an issue, Could this be done by creating a rewrite rule instead if this is feasible?

Something along like the lines of this

Jan 29, 2023 23:25
Vote:

That would probably be one way of doing it. In our case this is not really a big issue, just thought I'd report the bug I found. I kind of want to keep as much of the config as I can in the appSettings.json file instead of using the old IIS config (since we might move on from IIS in the future).

Jan 30, 2023 8:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.