Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New Form rendering problem

KK
KK
Vote:

Hi,

The steps which I did as below.

1. dotnet new epicmsempty --name Test

2. Nuget install Episerver.Forms

3. Created a basic HomePage with a contentArea. The page shown no problem.

4. Added a new form and then put it to the contentArea in the HomePage.

5. In One-page Editing, the format of the form looks okay. But after publishing and turnning to the host website, I found the form looks like without any css styling.

Then I checked my project, I found there is nothing under my wwwroot folder. But there is a modules folder in the project root directory with zip files in EpiServerForms folder.

Then I unzip the files and copied the whole modules folder with the css files to wwwroot. (I can see those css in d:\repos\Test\wwwroot\modules\_protected\EPiServer.Forms\EPiServer.Forms\5.2.0\ClientResources\ViewMode).

But it is still not working.

Can someone help with this please?  

Thanks in advance.

Edited, Jul 05, 2022 13:32
Vote:

I believe the issue and answer could be related to your other post:
https://world.optimizely.com/forum/developer-forum/CMS/Thread-Container/2022/7/new-step-forms-get-http-error-405/

The required CSS files for forms are rendered by adding this line of code to the <header> section in your layout/root view.

@Html.RequiredClientResources("Header")
Jul 12, 2022 0:10
Vote:

Hi,

Did you install EPiServer.Forms.UI nuget. If not can you try and then let us know.

Jul 14, 2022 7:07
KK
Vote:

Hi PuneetGarg,

Yes. I have tried to separately install EPiServer.Forms.UI nuget which does not resolve the issue.

So far, add @Html.RequiredClientResources("Header") and @Html.RequiredClientResources("Footer") is a correct solution.

But after adding these two lines, another problem appeared which is some of my customized bootstrap styling is not working anymore which used to be rendered fine.

Jul 15, 2022 6:20
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.