Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using LDAP for editor mode authentication

TW
TW
Vote:

I'm working on adding authentication in an Alloy project before adding it to our main project, and am trying out using System.DirectoryServices.Protocols for the connection to our on-prem LDAP provider.

Problem is, when trying to log in the only events that register are to the default SQL-server for the default admin account.

How do I go about telling the Alloy project not to use that at all and just go to another auth scheme? I've read a lot of documentation and it's still not especially clear to me how to do this.

Edited, Apr 28, 2023 10:18
Vote:

Hi TW

Optimizely has documentation for how to enable Mixed-mode authentication (see link below). The docs describe how you can change the default scheme which you should be able to enable to use your LDAP provider. 

Mixed-mode authentication (optimizely.com)

P.S.

Optimizely doesn't do anything special on this, instead it's how ASP.NET Core handles multiple authentication methods (see MS docs below)

Authorize with a specific scheme in ASP.NET Core | Microsoft Learn

I hope above helps.

May 02, 2023 2:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.