Unable to Open in New Window

Vote:

In our newer, Opti 12 evnorinment, we are having trouble using the Open in New Window functionality.

It seems that to matter what we set that drop down to, it doesn't work and the value does save if you come back to the Link Icon from the editor.

We also notice that even if we put the target=_blank into the HTML ourselves, the link editor REMOVES it.

We're not aware if this is an out of the box function of Opti or something our Partner wrote for us. But, they are no longer with us so we can't ask them! :)

What gives? How do you make Open in New Window work in an Editorial? 

Jul 26, 2024 19:36
Vote:

Hi,

I checked this in my Alloy site with cms.tinymce.4.8.x and it still works. Do you build any your own tinymce plug-ins except of default ones?

Jul 27, 2024 7:25
Vote:

Or check your code if you have any custom xhtml string property renderer " XhtmlStringPropertyRenderer"

Jul 27, 2024 7:35
Vote:

Hi,

I would check your Tiny Mce configuration code to make sure you do not have anything set to remove this (look for removeFormat for example).

It's worth checking for IContentEvents usage within your build to make sure you are not sanitizing your rich text content on Save / Publish.  It's worth noting that loading the TinyMce content as HTML, sanitizing it and saving it back in such an event can break personalization and blocks in rich text.

Edited, Jul 27, 2024 10:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.