Does Graph packages for CMS 12 extract text from media files?

If so, what is required? 

I'm testing with a content type that has pdf extension set. Seeing that _fulltext does get some meta attributes etc but nothing from the text content of the file.

{
GenericMedia(
   limit:100
   where: {
     Name: { contains: "test.pdf" }
   }
 ) {
   items
   {
     _fulltext
   }
 }
}

These are the versions installed:

<PackageReference Include="Optimizely.ContentGraph.Cms" Version="4.3.0" />
<PackageReference Include="Optimizely.Commerce.GraphSearchProvider" Version="1.3.1" />
<PackageReference Include="Optimizely.Graph.Commerce" Version="1.3.1" />
#343410
Edited, Oct 05, 2026 9:27

I think the extracted content should be in the Content field. See https://docs.optimizely.com/graph/docs/text-extraction-from-media

Not the _fulltext but it should be included in CMS12, I believe for pdfs, docx, xls, xlsz, txt

 

#343412
Oct 05, 2026 9:55

Thanks! I must be missing something because I get no results using:

{
  GenericMedia(limit: 100, where: { Content: { exist: true } }) {
    items {
      _fulltext
      Content
      ContentType
    }
  }
}
#343415
Oct 05, 2026 10:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.