Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Send Emil from Episerver with Forms

Vote:

Hi

I have a question that i need for estimating a task. I can't really test this right now in our solution and i can't find this in the forum, so I just ask you guys.

I'm working on a client that's running EPi 10+. They are using old forms (XForms I think it's called right?) but they want to switch to the "new" Forms. They have a form where you enter some stuff and when you press send, an email is sent to an inbox (set in XForm) with all the answers from the form. You can choose to send an email, save it to the database or both when submiting the form.

Does Episerver Forms have the same option? When you create your submit button, you can choose to send an email to a given address? And do i need to build or config something to make this work?

/Gustav

Edited, Nov 27, 2017 13:15
Vote:

Hello,

Yes, there is built-in functionality available in Episerver Forms to send an e-mail to an address set in edit mode after submitting a form. You can also specify a message with set placeholders for form data so the e-mail looks a bit nicer than XForms.

Nov 27, 2017 14:33
Vote:

For details, see http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/addons/episerver-forms/example-email-form.htm.

Edited, Nov 27, 2017 22:07
Vote:

Is EPIServer really send an email to a given address in submit form? If it is possible to send could you please provide me the sample email project?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Jan 05, 2018 13:48
Vote:

Whatever you guys are posting the solutions are not at all working. Every one will laugh by seeing this kind of solutions in the forum. If you don't know the resolution please redirect the questions to a skilled member.

Thanks!

Jan 08, 2018 11:26
Vote:

I have developed numerous sites that use this functionality, so I know it works fine. You should be able to move forward using Bob Bolts link above.

May I also encourage you to have a nicer tone in communication henceforth, that is if you would like any further help.

Jan 08, 2018 13:33
Vote:

bot?
If I understand you correctly I think this is what you are looking for:
https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/implementing-a-customized-actor/email-actor/

Edited, Jan 08, 2018 13:37
Vote:

Yes, I agree with you many of the solutions are not working. 

Jan 08, 2018 20:18
Vote:

Krishna,

You have submitted 2 previous posts that were extremely vague.

• "How to do CRUD Operations in EpiServer?"
  • "How to Insert data into database in Episerver?"  (These questions had no additional details.)

When people took time out of their day to respond, you didn't acknowledge their replies. You have never provided an answer to any forum question. I don't see how your comment above helps the discussion in any way. Please only post to the forum when you have something productive to add.

Jan 08, 2018 21:12
Vote:

They have a point by saying the solution is not working cause it is not working if you do not have a smtp relay configured as @sebastian posted earlier or you can setup sendgrid like the DXC sampel for your own if you like to. But forms do not send email by default you have to have something sending the emails for you and forms is composing the emails in this case :) But I also agree with the tone in the posts as well. 

Best of luck with the forms-feature!

Edited, Jan 08, 2018 22:16
Vote:

I think I should weigh in here.

I apologize for being off topic - it's was funny to me but it might not really be approriate here.

Keep in mind that this forum is a voluntary place. People are spending their own time and effort trying to answer your questions, for free, so please be respectful to each other. If the anwer is not working for you, explain what did you do and what is exactly not working. "Not working" is not good enough, and therefore is very unhelpful for people helping you. What was your setup, what did you try, what was the error message, stacktrace, etc.

Helping the people answering your questions, is also helping you.

Also keep in my, we are all learning and no one is laughing at "wrong" answers. So watch your tone, please.

@krishna: your posts have been flagged and I'll be watching you closely. We have a very strict policy toward spams, and spamming will not be tolerated. If you don't improve your post quality, I will have to consider you as a spammer and certain actions will be taken.

Jan 08, 2018 22:27
Vote:

I'm new to EpiServer and not posting any queries this doesn't mean that i'm not following the forum. Even if these questions look like vague but still those are valid, next time i will try to post a query with full context. I tried many links which you guys are provided but only few were resolved. That doesn't sounds that you guys provided imporoper solutions. May be that is due to my freshness. If someone post like above mentioned then give a reply like "please add additional info" or question is not clear" not the way(Bob Bolt) to point out the customer of EPI Server.

Thank you!

Jan 09, 2018 12:41
Vote:

Thanks Eric, i configured smtp but still seeing the same problem. I will try DXC once.

Jan 09, 2018 12:43
Vote:

the smtp should work :) But you have to have a valid relayserver for that. In moste cases as a develop the easiset way is to use the credits in azure on your MSDN account to tryout sendgrid. Easy to use and nice plugin. 

If you do not get the smtp settings to work with forms in your solution you might have missed something or you application is not allowed to access that server. Perhaps enabling logging for episerver could give you an hint. 

But please try the link that @sebastian sent earlier and add your account details for smtp or for sendgrid in you web.config

Jan 09, 2018 16:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.