Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding (Upload a file) field in a form for website users

Vote:

Hello,

I would like to insert (upload a file) field in a form we are using on a page, to submit requests on our website. How can I do that especially that the field options in the formula we are using doesn't have any field like that.

Thanks,

Sherif

Oct 08, 2018 14:29
Vote:

Can you explain more clearly, I did not get your point?

Oct 09, 2018 6:24
Vote:

Does the File Upload form element do what you are looking for?

Oct 09, 2018 6:49
Vote:

Sorry for not being clear. Here is the thing:

1. I am trying to create a formula on a page on Episerver.
  2. I chose to create a normal artikelsida.
  3. In the right hand side panel, I created a block called Formulärbehållare
  4. Now, if I drag that block where I put already necessary form fields, to the space that enables blocks on a page (Anslagstavla), it doesn't get dragged.

Question are:

1. Are there any special pages that do not enable dragging that formulärbehållare to the (Anslagstavla) where normally all blocks can be pasted in?
  2. Could it be that I am missing a step?
  3. What is the right sequence, and type of pages that can contain a formulärbehållare block?
  4. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Sherif

Oct 09, 2018 9:19
Vote:

I don't believe that you can drag any block into the form's content area.

it is expecting a Form Element.

Have a look at https://github.com/episerver/EPiServer.Forms.Samples to get an idea on how to create new form elements

Oct 09, 2018 9:22
Vote:

Alright, how can I embed a formulärbehållare block into a normal page?

Oct 09, 2018 9:23
Vote:

The problem is, I could create a formulärbehållare, and could put in elements, all of that is done successfully. My issue now is how to embed that formulärbehållare into a page?

What are steps to do so?

Thanks!

Sherif

Oct 09, 2018 9:25
Vote:

You simply drag and drop the FormContainerBlock into a ContentArea of the page, or drop it on XHTML field with TinyMCE editior.

Oct 09, 2018 9:36
Vote:

FYI I am  not using the old form system, but the newly implemented form that appears in the right panel of Episerver (Blocks/Media/Forms)...etc.

Seems the page doesn't treat the formulärbehållare block as a normal block, is that even possible, or where did I go wrong?

Thanks.

Oct 09, 2018 9:40
Vote:

1. Navigate to a page containing a content area
  2. Open up the form explorer on the right
  3. Drag and drop the newly created form onto the Content Area.
  4. Done!
Oct 09, 2018 9:45
Vote:

Yes, I'm talking about new Forms. The form should be treated as normal blocks unless your ContentArea prevent it to be droped into. Can you try with fresh install of Alloy MVC template first then determine your problem?

Oct 09, 2018 9:46
Vote:

That sounds perfect! I tried this yesterday and it didn't work, now I tried again and it works perfectly.

Worth mentioning as well, that the formulärbehållare works better when embedded in TinyMCE of extra information and not the normal bredtext field on a normal page.

Thanks Dac!

Oct 09, 2018 9:49
Vote:

It didn't work yesterday Marcus, I tried to. But now I tried again and it worked! 

Thanks Marcus B!

@Dac yes, exactly, something is preventing it to be treated as a normal block, and I have no idea why. That's why pasting it into the content area was the other alternative.

Oct 09, 2018 9:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.