Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I activate the login button?

Vote:

In the editor/admin manuals there is an instruction below 'logging in' that 'you may click the log in button if available'. 

I can't find a way to configure this, that the log in button should be visible. What am I missing here?

Nov 19, 2012 14:05
Vote:

Haven't read the manual, but maybe they're thinking of if you have forms or Windows authentication. If you have Windows authentication there is no login form.

Why do you want to hide the login button?

Nov 19, 2012 16:17
Vote:

I do not want to hide the button. I want to show it. 

But I noticed that when I created the groups WebAdmins and WebEditors and a user in those groups, that user would see the button. So I guess this answers my question, that I need to set the proper access groups.

Nov 19, 2012 17:17
Vote:

Why see a login button when you're already logged in?

Are you talking about the new "quick menu" in upper right corner?

Nov 19, 2012 17:22
Vote:

Ok, I'm confusing things here. I'm used to work with a CMS6R2 site with single-sign-on against Active Directory. Which means that the browser asks me for credentials when I enter the site. After that I use the right click context menu to enter edit or admin mode. 

The documentation says: 

1. Open your web browser and enter the website address applicable for the specific login procedure, or click the login button if it exists any.
  2. Log in with your user name and password.
  3. In the top right corner, click the arrow to expand the welcome menu.

Step 1 confused me. I guess any login button has to be created by the site developer (me)? I have mainly worked with an Intranet site which requires login by all users. We also have a public site where editors have to type in the web address to enter the edit mode. 

What I actually wanted when I wrote this topic was how to enable the welcome menu in step 3 above, after logging in. To make it easier for editors/admins to switch between standard view and edit/admin view. The answer to that seemed to be access rights/groups.

Apologies for writing such a confusing topic. Maybe I should just delete it?

Edited, Nov 20, 2012 10:46
Vote:

No that's fine. No need to delete it. I think you summed it up pretty clear in your last post.

And you are correct regarding the login button, it's up to the developer to put one on the page.

I guess EPi also checks the CMSAdmins and CMSEditors groups also, so either create those or the groups you created.

Nov 20, 2012 10:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.