Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language for editors

Vote:

How do an editor change editing language? There's an option in the bottom of the navigationpane that sais "Show All Languages". But nothing happens. I've enabled both swedish and english on my site

Nov 05, 2012 15:36
Vote:

I'm assuming you mean that you have enabled both Swedish and English in admin mode. In which case you need to ensure that you have the uiShowGlobalizationUserInterface option in the episerver.config set to true so that you can access language settings. Then you need to make them "available languages" for your site, the same as what you did for CMS 6. Unfortunetly this option is a little hidden.

1. If you navigate to your start page, switch to forms mode.
  2. Click the tools drop down in the content settings header and select the Language Settings option.
  3. Under Available Languages click edit and then enable both English and Swedish.
  4. Refresh the site (CTRL + R)
  5. Now both languages should be available and selecting show all languages on the page tree would show pages in other languages assuming you have content. To switch to the site for the other language select the sites tab in the left panel. Under your site you should have both English and Swedish. Select the one you want.

Nov 05, 2012 16:24
Vote:

Aha, thanks. It's the "site"-tab i was looking for. But is there any indication somewhere what language you're actually editing for the moment?

Also, if I change language below sites, I get a completely different pagetree. How do I publish a swedish version of my existing english page. Like language-branch in previuos CMS-versions

EDIT -> Added question regarding languagebranch

Edited, Nov 05, 2012 16:33
Vote:

Currently there is no indication in the UI of which language you are editing. This is something that we are aware of and we have a user story regarding language management in the UI that I believe will be developed and released in the next UI version.

In terms of viewing an English page in the Swedish site. You can do this by enabling the Show all Languages option at the bottom of the page tree under the cog icon.

Nov 05, 2012 16:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.