Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Language management for blocks?

Vote:

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible and if someone has managed to

get a hold of all created blocks of all the languages in block-explorer. I want to be able to see the created swedish blocks in the english

languagebranch.

For example, I have a block type

for contacts and want to reuse the blocks that i created of this type so I does'nt have to

create the same contact for each language.

Thanks in advanced,

André

Dec 11, 2012 9:53
Vote:

In the bottom right corner of the shared blocks component is a cog icon. That will open up a menu which contains an option to show all languages. Is this what you are looking for?

Dec 11, 2012 16:05
Vote:

Hi Ben,

That is exactly what im looking for. The problem is that the menu on the cog icon only contains "Show trashbin" and if i go to the block and to the form-view itself "Language settings" is blocked out. 

Do i need to activate this?

Thank you for your time and help!

/André

Dec 11, 2012 16:12
Vote:

You need to make sure you've enabled the languages in admin mode. This is done in Manage Website Languages under the config tab.

Then you need to activate them for your site in edit mode. Navigate to the start page for your site, switch to forms mode, click the tools button and select Language Settings. Click the change button in the Available Lanugages area and select the languages you want. Refresh your page and you should be good to go.

PS: If the Language Settings option is disabled under tools then you need to set uiShowGlobalizationUserInterface to true in the episerver.config

Dec 11, 2012 16:46
Vote:

Thank you!

I checked everything and all the things that you are mentioning is already done.

The strange thing is that "Show all languages" is visible and works for Pages but not for blocks where it does'nt even exist under the cog icon. 

And the same is for "Available Languages", exist and works for pages but not for blocks. 

Do you have the "Show all languages" under the cog icon in "block-explorer" Ben? 

//André

Dec 11, 2012 17:04
Vote:

Hi André!

Language management for blocks did not make it to the release bits so though Ben may surely be seing it on his development environment you won't on your installed site (unless I have missed something). We will release this support as part of the EPiServer 7.1 user interface upgrade which is planned in the first quarter of next year. I think that there will be a public CTP of these changes out quite soon if you really need it now, though I don't dare to promise anything.

Dec 11, 2012 18:08
Vote:

Thank you for your answer Linus, looking forward to the upgrade!

//André

Dec 11, 2012 18:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.