Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Generic Use Blocks?

Vote:

I'm looking for a way to allow my users to drop any number of types of blocks on to a page. I know how to do a block, but the way I understand them isn't really fitting into my functionality needs. My page has a sidebar. I'd like to be able to give my user the ability to drop say a Rich Text widget and a pre-defined dropdown list. I can create a Rich Text block and use it. My problem comes in when I create another page and I want to use the Rich Text block again. When I add text to the editor, it affects the first page I used the block with. I know I could create a block for each page but isn't that defeating the purpose of the block (reuse)?

Jan 11, 2013 23:14
Vote:

Sounds like you are doing something wrong. Can you post the model of your block?

Jan 17, 2013 13:02
Vote:

That isnt possible as of now I am afraid. You have to create a new block for each page.

Jan 18, 2013 12:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.