Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation

Vote:

Hi,

Is it possible to run Episerver without the EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.dll?

I've removed the assembly reference in web.config, no references in the project, but still I get the nice: Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation, Version=7.0.586.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies.

Can't find any existing workflow items. Is there anything i've missed?

Thanks,
Erik

Dec 17, 2013 14:33
Vote:

EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation is referenced from other assemblies in the EPiServer framework, for instance the EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI assembly. Therefore, this is required to be able to load these assemblies. What is it you are trying to accomplish by removing this assembly?

Dec 17, 2013 14:40
Vote:

Hi, we removed it for the CMS 6 version due to performance, it's not in use so we just want to disable it :-) Just did an upgrade to 7.

Is it disabled by default now?

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2013 14:47
Vote:

Workflow is enabled by default in EPiServer 7, though the performance penalties should be pretty low if you do not use it. In EPiServer 7, it's added in an initialization module and it's not currently possible to disable it.

Dec 17, 2013 15:17
Vote:

Ok, thanks for the quick response!

Dec 17, 2013 20:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.