Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Same Block with different content

Vote:

I got a block which is going to hold several chold blocks in a contentarea. The child blocks are going to hold information like pictures and links.

Do i really have to create new blocks for each and every childblock or can i create a generic block for it? How? The child block ive created stores the same data so if i change in one of the child blocks it changes the other ones to!? Seems a bit crappy

Dec 17, 2013 16:11
Vote:

We have built blocks that have displayed it's own custom add data api when in editing mode (block preview page) and stored the data in the dds. 

Dec 17, 2013 19:50
Vote:

Ohh oki, well it seems like that blocks in CMS 7 isn't that well thought through. The Editors will find the out of the box solution wanting and obsolete and the result will end in a lot of blocks which is not the best way to do things. I really hope developers at EPiServer will change the blocks to go from shared to unique or at least make both available. 

oh well since i dont want to build my own solution to a common problem Ill just get the EPiImage property from nuget...

Thanks for the answer though!

Dec 18, 2013 10:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.