Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Autosend mail on user activation

Vote:

Users can apply to get a account on a episerver website. When these are created they by default have active set to false. A administrator then activates this manually in the admin-interface. I wonder if it is possible when this checkbox is checked that a automatic mail is sent to the user?

I really appreciate any help someone can provide.

Feb 27, 2013 13:57
Vote:

Good question! I need this too, is it possible and how ?

Oct 18, 2016 10:53
Vote:

I would inherit the normal sqlprovider and add that send email function. Should only be an hours work or so...

Oct 18, 2016 15:24
Vote:

I think the best way to do this is to add a custom activation page/module for admins and in that send the mail

Oct 18, 2016 16:45
Vote:

Not clean but other way could be intercept EPiServer.Shell.Security.UIUserProvider abstract class. It has a function called "UpdateUser" and track the "Activated" user into table. And then having scheduled  job which reads the table and send email every say X minutes! This is not clean way as UIUserProvider is not documented by episerver. Best way as Daniel said is to override Membership provider.

Oct 19, 2016 12:32
Vote:

If you have Identity set up, user info is very easily expandable, so you could add Notified and Active in there, then in a scheduled job fetch all recently updated/not notified ones, send emails out, then set Notified to true. 

With traditional membership providers, I'd stick with Daniel's approach.

// Although this looks like an old post, so Identity not supported in early versions of 7, but this should be pretty future proof :)

Oct 26, 2016 17:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.