Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Set Form mode as default editing interface

Vote:

Hi guys,

Is there any way to set form  mode as default editing interface? Some of the properties cannot edit in the preview mode so wer need the form mode as default editing interface.

Thank you in advance!

Feb 18, 2013 3:59
Vote:

No sorry there is no way to change the default edit view. One of the main reasons for on-page being the default edit view is that it's much more user friendly if a user can see the page that they've selected before they start editing.

You can make properties required if it's something important that might be missed. This way the user will be forced to fill this in when creating a page.

Edited, Feb 28, 2013 17:13
Vote:

Thank you very much Ben!

As I see in the Alloy Template, the container pages will be ridirected to form mode automatically without require editor to click the change mode button. However, I cannot see any Required attribute in the model. Is there anyway so I can implement such the same function in my MVC template?

Best,

Hai

Edited, Mar 04, 2013 9:21
Vote:

That's because container pages have no view. So it is impossible to have on-page editing for them.

Mar 04, 2013 9:30
Vote:

My page also does not have controller and view, it only shows "here is no renderer for 'page'", does not redirect to the form mode, that's really strange!

Mar 04, 2013 9:41
Vote:

I wish we could have forms mode as default as well. Edit view is slow when you want to flick around and check the settings (that are only in forms mode) of a bunch of pages.

Feb 19, 2014 5:47
Vote:

You can do this by defining an UI Descriptor for your content type:

using EPiServer.Shell;

[UIDescriptorRegistration]
public class ContainerPageUIDescriptor : UIDescriptor<ContainerPage>
{
    public ContainerPageUIDescriptor()
    {
        DefaultView = CmsViewNames.AllPropertiesView;
    }
}

Edited, Feb 19, 2014 7:43
Vote:

Note that UIDescriptor<T> with the DefaultView is only available in EPiServer 7.5

Feb 19, 2014 8:30
Vote:

Hi!

Is it possible to put a function to the tree context menu to open in form edit do you think, anyone? as un addon? Doesn't that allready exists?

Like Maria did the open in new tab https://github.com/mariajemaria/ContextMenuOpenInNewTab

Aug 13, 2015 15:59
Vote:

Yeah it should be possible to change the execute method to the following:

_execute: function () {
    topic.publish("/epi/shell/context/request", { uri: this.get("selectionData").uri }, { viewName: "formedit" });
}

Maria's code is a fork of my add-on, https://github.com/episerver/AddOn.ReloadChildren, please read the disclaimer about the approach taken.

Aug 13, 2015 16:22
Vote:

@ben open from treenode did work as you suggest (aug 13, 2015), Ive published it on github: https://github.com/Lucstar/Gosso.EPiServerAddOn.ContextMenu.OpenInFormsView 

I can not figure out how to display it on the contextmenus of blocks and media (both in lists and on-page-edit-block-menu), any suggestion?

Jan 24, 2017 15:31
Vote:

Hi, right now there isn't a good way for you to add those menu items. But I can say that we going to make it pluggable in an upcomming story. 

Feb 01, 2017 10:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.