Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

WindowsMembershipProvider behaves differently Windows Authentication vs. Forms

Vote:

I'm using EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider (by itself, no multiplexing).

The server is a member of a AD domain.

When I disable anonymous access and enable Windows Authentication in IIS and Web.config I can logon in the browser's login prompt using a domain account. If I look at the Identity.Name now the name is in the pre-Windows 2000 style. If it was in the e-mail style I would be happy with this.

When I change to forms authentication I can only logon using local user accounts on the machine.

I tried creating my own Provider that inherits EPiServer.Security.WindowsMembershipProvider and logs inside ValidateUser - this is not hit when using Windows Authentication. But for Forms Authentication it is.

What's going on here and is it possible to get Forms Authentication to work with WindowsMembershipProvider and domain accounts?

I don't want to use ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider.

Feb 08, 2013 15:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.