Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Critical issue

Vote:

Hi forks,

I'm experiencing a critical problem on CMS 7. After moving a property of type ContentArea on a pagetype to another tab then all the content area's data will be deleted if content area contains blocks. 

I did reflector the code and found out that it will only delete all data of blocks that included in the content area. It eventually execute [netPageDefinitionConvertSave] procedure which performs delete all data of the property. As a work around I've tried to alter this procedure to make it do nothing then everything seems to work properly but I dont know whether it has any side effect that may cause another problem? 

So do you have any idea on this issue?

Apr 24, 2013 9:07
Vote:

Have you tried to ally patch 1? I think this issue might have been solved in that patch.

Apr 24, 2013 9:21
Vote:

Thanks Johan for your reply!

We have alot of troubles when applying patch 1 since we did many customs in backend, it seems that patch 1 has breaking changes in using Dojo then alot of our custom function broke as well, that why we're still not applying patch 1. So can you foresee any side effect if I implement the workaround as described? Or can we do something to fix this issue ourself without applying patch 1? 

Apr 24, 2013 11:10
Vote:

Hi!

Patch1 should not affect the Dojo parts. Are you thinking of the 7.1 ui update perhaps? There are two different updates that can be applied separately from each other.

Apr 24, 2013 16:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.