Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Published/Modified dates not being updated

Vote:

Hello,

Maybe i'm not understanding their functionality fully, but we are trying to programatically import pages (this is working) and at the same time, before we publish these page objects set the Changed and Saved properties to a specific date.  This does not appear to hold once we  .Save the page in code.

I also tried from the UI and received this behavior:

I just created a page and it said this:

Published: Today 5:03 PM

Created: Today 5:03 PM

Modified: Today 5:04 PM

I then attempted to set some values and publish and the dates read:

Modified: Today 5:06 PM

Then tried changing more properties and publishing and the dates read:

Modified: Today 5:06 PM

So i'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding something or if there is a bug here.  I definitely thought the published date would at least update everytime a page is published, but it appears that it does not.

Apr 26, 2013 23:20
Vote:

The published date reflects when the page was first published. If you publish a new version of the page it won't be changed. I think that's quite natural as while the editor has pushed the publish button the page was already published and all that happened was that the page was updated. Both editors and you through code can set the publish date though.

Apr 28, 2013 19:14
Vote:

I try to sort some pages based on the page.StartPublish. But this seems to give me the date the page was created. So if I go and edit the published date in the editor mode, it won't change the sort order. Is there a way to get the publish date that you set in the editmode?

May 02, 2013 13:34
Vote:

Old thread, but still:

Like Joel says, the StartPublish date won't change even if you publish a new version of the page. You probably want to try sorting your pages using the page.Changed property.

(this property is updated when you check the "Mark the page as changed" box (settings tab when editing) and publish the page, so it should show a date newer than the StartPublish date)

Sep 05, 2013 0:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.