Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How many dev boxes can I have at same time?

Vote:

Hi everyone,

Are there any restrictions on the number of dev boxes that one developer can use at same time? I would like to create multiple dev virtual boxes (each one with it's own dev licence) and share them with my team members for testing purposes only. Is it ok with the license policy?

Jun 27, 2013 6:40
Vote:

You can have as many dev licenses as you like. They are not personal but rather bound to the site. So if you have several sites on the same server, each one needs their own license - even if it's the same IP.

Jun 27, 2013 13:08
Vote:

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know you may have multiple sites on one server with a single dev licence. It's not a problem. My situation is a bit different. I would like to copy the same site to multiple test servers (one site per server) and get one dev license per server.

Jun 27, 2013 14:01
Vote:

Not an expert on licensing, but if all your test servers will have the same IP or MAC address I bet you can use the same developer partner license for every server. Otherwise - if servers will differ each from another you will need to issue different licenses.

And btw with the same developer license you may have up to 15 sites on the same server: http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Allan-Thran/Dates/2011/11/Due-to-popular-demand-Partner-developer-licenses-now-support-multiple-sites-on-same-machine/

Jun 28, 2013 7:32
Vote:

It appeared that the answer is no. One isn't allowed to use dev licenses for test boxes. Wierd.

Jul 02, 2013 6:11
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.