Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mobile Channel is not installed on my website

Vote:

Hi frdz,

i start working on this episerver site, but i didn't found how to display the page in mobile view (i.e channel) , Please give a example to understand to do it, since i try to use Mobile Pack but it is not working .Please provide e-bbok to work with episerver 

Jun 27, 2013 9:25
Vote:

If you don't see a mobile channel in edit mode you can double check is display mode "installed".

1. Check do you have class derived from DisplayChannel somewhere in your codebase:

public class MobileChannel : DisplayChannel
{
    public const string Name = "mobile";

public override string ChannelName
    {
        get
        {
            return Name;
        }
    }

public override string ResolutionId
    {
        get
        {
            return typeof(IphoneVerticalResolution).FullName;
        }
    }

public override bool IsActive(HttpContextBase context)
    {
        return context.GetOverriddenBrowser().IsMobileDevice;
    }
}

2. Also if you would like to provide various screen sizes for editors you can do in code as well:

public class IpadHorizontalResolution : DisplayResolutionBase
{
    public IpadHorizontalResolution() : base("/resolutions/ipadhorizontal", 1024, 768)
    {
    }
}

public class IpadVerticalResolution : DisplayResolutionBase
{
    public IpadVerticalResolution() : base("/resolutions/ipadvertical", 768, 1024)
    {
    }
}

Jun 28, 2013 7:19
Vote:

Hi, 

Thanks for giving code. But i didn't understood under which hive this file is existing to modify the class .

Jul 02, 2013 9:37
Vote:

Just add those classes to the project (if you don't have already) and compile the solution. Location and namespace of the files are not important.

Jul 02, 2013 10:11
Vote:

I sugest you download and install the demo templates for episerver and have a look. They have implemented channels in that project. 

For MVC http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/EPiServer-CMS/EPiServer-7---CMS/EPiServer-7-MVC-Templates/

For WebForms they will be able to install from Deployment Center as a website. You will be able to open both template packages with VS2012 or 2010

Also have a look in this section on world: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/CMS/

Jul 02, 2013 10:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.