Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Overriding XHtmlString Output

Vote:

Hi all,

We have a requirement that when an editor inserts a link to a document from within the TinyMCE editor, when the content is rendered we need to override how the link to the document is shown - specifically, we need to insert the file size next to the link, so it would look something like:

lorem ipsum Open Document (34kb) lorum ipseum etc etc.

I could create a UIHint, get a handle on the value (i.e. the content the editor has input) and then search the HTML for a link. Outside of EPiServer I'd probably use the HTML agility pack, but I know EPiServer has built in string parsing capabilities - deos anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance guys

Al

Jul 05, 2013 14:16
Vote:

Jul 05, 2013 21:42
Vote:

Hey Alf,

That's my approach - a custom renderer and then decorate the property with the UIHint attribute.

What I was actually looking for is any help around parsing the string itself - I know there is built-in string parsing in EPiServer so wondered if there is any way of parsing the XHhtml and detecting a link? Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Al

Jul 06, 2013 14:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.