Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Add-on not showing

Vote:

I have seen the thread: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=70099 which describes the issues as the logged in user not having PackagingAdmins rights in the EPiServerFramework.config but I have checked this and my user is part a member of the WebAdmins role that was created.

I am running v 7.1 Patch 3

It had been working but somewhere along the way it stopped showing up.

If I browse directly to /EPiServer/AddOns I get a 404.

What else controls whether that link is shown? 

Aug 06, 2013 7:33
Vote:

If it is not access rights issue, then may be the problem is that Add-ons UI module is not deployed or is not initialized properly.
Please check that modulesbin directory in the site root contains EPiServer.Packaging and EPiServer.Packaging assemblies.

Also please verify that EPiServer.Packaging and EPiServer.Packaging.UI modules are deployed in the site VPP folder, like C:\EPiServer\VPP\MySite\Modules

Application pool must have read and write/modify access rights for the VPP folder, subfolder and files.

In addition you can enable debug logging for the site, restart and see if there is any useful information in the log.

Aug 19, 2013 10:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.