Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade from 6R2

Vote:

Hello!

We are about to upgrade to Episerver 7 now we are running on 6R2.

We have some web applications on the same virtual server all running Episerver 6R2. They all have their own database, applicationspool but running on same virtual machine (IIS).

We cant migrate all of them at once for be running on Epi7 but taking one of them at time so my questoin is... is it possible to run some web applications on Epi6R2 and other on Epi7 on the same virtual machine...if yes how is this done im most efficient way?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 24, 2013 11:30
Vote:

We are running both EPiServer CMS 6 R2 and EPiServer CMS 7 sites on our development server without any problems. Only thing that might cause an issue is the EPiServer Scheduled Job service.

Frederik

Aug 24, 2013 21:50
Vote:

Thanks for your answer, we have a production environment with multiple sites and all of them have some scheduled jobs so this seems to be a keyquestions.

I dont now how these shceduled jobs are setup in architecture terms. Cant you have a set of services for allready running webs (Epi6R) and another for Epi7 installation and in some config file for Epi7 declare which to use?

Thanks for your help!

Edited, Aug 25, 2013 17:27
Vote:

Basically the scheduled job get run by the EPiServer scheduled job windows service, when you install EPiServer CMS 7 on that server you´ll have a newer version of that service installed, I´m a little unsure what affect that will have on the jobs that need to be run on your EPiServer CMS 6 R2 sites, I would test this locally and make sure they run on both sites.

Frederik

Aug 25, 2013 17:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.