Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Client cache on VPP folders

Vote:

Hello!

What would be the proper way to set for example client cache timeout on VPP folders?

As an example I've tried to do a location setting for "Global" in web.config but it doesn't seem to go through. I'm stuck on a 10h timeout whatever I do but on any other static folder it works fine... 

Sep 05, 2013 15:24
Vote:

Try this in your web.config:

<location path="PageFiles">
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <add name="webresources" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader"/>
        <add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer"/>
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    <staticFile expirationTime="20.0:0:0"/>
  </location>

Edited, Sep 06, 2013 6:40
Vote:

This does not work, complaints about the <staticFile>. Should it be <system.webServer><staticContent>? Although I couldn't get that to work either directly with VPP folders :-( So I would also be more than happy to hear about correct way to set client expiration time for vpp served files.

Sep 26, 2013 14:50
Vote:

Ah I was just missing the section declaration from configsections:

<section name="staticFile" type="EPiServer.Framework.Configuration.StaticFileSection, EPiServer.Framework" allowLocation="true" />      

With this and the config from Christian I gont headers working!

Sep 26, 2013 15:37
Vote:

Yes I got it working too combining Jannes and Christians code. Thank you!

Oct 02, 2013 16:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.