Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

UnauthorizedAccessException thrown creating new PageFiles folder

Vote:

I am trying to use the code example from Fredrik Haglund to allow an anonymous user to upload a file and store it in PageFiles but I get an UnauthorizedAccessException. It seem the creating of the PageFiles folder works but it's the EPiServer.Initialization.EventHandler.UnifiedDirectory_UnifiedDirectoryAdded method that is causing the problem by calling GetDirectory which in turn does an access check for AccessLevel.Read on the newly created directory. Any ideas to get around this?

Call stack below:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to access /PageFiles/1835/]
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualPath) +317
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualPath) +50
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualPath) +50
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualDir) +98
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualDir) +98
   System.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualDir) +21
   System.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathProvider.GetDirectory(String virtualDir) +21
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VersioningFileSystemSearchHandler.UpdateDirectory(String virtualPath) +72
   EPiServer.Initialization.EventHandler.UnifiedDirectory_UnifiedDirectoryAdded(UnifiedDirectory sender, UnifiedVirtualPathEventArgs e) +17
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.UnifiedDirectoryEventHandler.Invoke(UnifiedDirectory sender, UnifiedVirtualPathEventArgs e) +0
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.UnifiedDirectory.OnAdded(UnifiedVirtualPathEventArgs e) +70
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VersioningDirectory.CreateSubdirectoryInternal(String path) +360
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VersioningDirectory.CreateSubdirectory(String path, IContent accessValidatingContent) +193
   EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VersioningDirectory.CreateSubdirectory(String path, PageData accessValidatingPage) +9

Sep 26, 2013 15:47
Vote:

Which version of EPiServer? Ive done a fileupload block in EPiServer 7. 

Sep 26, 2013 16:04
Vote:

It's EPi 7 Per. I'll have a look at your fileupload block.

Thanks

P.S Have you blogged about it? Couldn't see it on EPiServer World and Google gave a blank.

Edited, Sep 27, 2013 9:22
Vote:

Hi Paul

I haven't blogged about it. Send me an email at: per dot nergard at knowit dot se so can I mail you the code.

Sep 27, 2013 10:18
Vote:

It seems my problem is that the page I am trying to save the page files for is not published. If the page is published then it works as nomal.

Sep 27, 2013 11:00
Vote:

We ran into that as well. Solved by setting bypassAccessCheck in episerverframework to true. But I guess on some sites you don't want to do that.

Sep 27, 2013 11:02
Vote:

Thanks Erik!

Sep 27, 2013 11:04
Vote:

Update from EPiServer: If the page isn't published then the user for the request has to at least Edit rights for the page. In my case the user is anonymous so doesn't have the rights.

Sep 27, 2013 11:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.