Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Images Not Showing Up, VPP Issue?

Vote:

Hi, 

Im trying to update our site from CMS6 to CMS7.

I installed the CMS 7 on a different server and copied the VPP folder from the CMS6 site. 

My problem is, some of the images are not showing up and I get a 404 error. 

All other page properties are working fine. and some images of the same page type are showing up just fine.

My question is, where in the database is the path to the images stored?  Also, do I really need to copy the folder structure of the other server(i.e. path) so that my migrated images would work? 

Thanks

Philip

Jan 09, 2014 2:40
Vote:

Check that you have taken database backup and backup of vpp files at the same time. If you do this at different times you will get 404s on some images (that were added after the VPP backup but before the DB backup). So take new backups of both and restore and it will probably resolve the 404s

Jan 09, 2014 9:22
Vote:

They were both backed up at the same time.  No new images were uploaded during the backing up. 

Is the VPP folder structure of CMS 7 different from 6? and it may be causing the 404s?

Jan 10, 2014 8:26
Vote:

Did you find a solution to this Philip? I have the same problem, it seems like the root pics on Global works, but everything else gets 404.

May 06, 2014 13:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.