Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Installed EPiServer Languages 1.0.1 but can't find the gadget?

Vote:

We have installed the "EPiServer Languages 1.0.1" Add-on on our "EPiServer 7.1" site. However, we can't add any corresponding language gadget. The gadget doesn't even show up in the list containing all installed gadgets. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

The reason I ask is because our editors want to be able to compare a Swedish page with an English page, side-by-side. Apparently this feature was available in EPiServer 6 R2.

Jan 22, 2014 13:44
Vote:

Have you restarted the web site after the installation was completed?

Jan 22, 2014 16:11
Vote:

Thanks for your answer, Alf.

I've restarted the site several times, both from inside EPiServer Admin and by re-saving 'web.config'.

For some reason the gadget won't show.

Jan 22, 2014 16:19
Vote:

Ok.

Can you confirm that the Language Manager can be found among the installed Add-ons in the Add-ons area?

Does the modulesbin folder in your web root contain a file called EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.dll?

If you look in the Modules folder inside your VPP-folder, can you see a folder called "EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager"?

If you open the file Packages.config inside that same Modules folder, do you see the following row?
<package id="EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager" version="1.0.1" />

Jan 22, 2014 16:24
Vote:

Thank you for trying to help out!

When I look at the installed add-ons it says "EPiServer Languages 1.0.1" was installed on the 14th of January.

"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.dll" is present in the modulesbin folder.

The folder "EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager" can be found within the folder "Modules".

The row <package id="EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager" version="1.0.1" /> is present in Packages.config.

Jan 23, 2014 9:22
Vote:

The languages gadget is only available to add in the Navigation pane (same as the page tree) - it's not available on the Dashboard. Are you looking for it in the right place?

Jan 23, 2014 9:53
Vote:

It can also be added in the asset panel, where the blocks can be found.

Jan 23, 2014 9:54
Vote:

I've looked at both lists without finding any language gadget. The gadgets I can chose from are the following (Swedish names):

• Aktiviteter
  • Block
  • Filer
  • Google Analytics
  • Nyligen
  • Nyligen ändrad
  • Sidor
  • Versioner
  • Webbplatser

Jan 23, 2014 12:56
Vote:

Ah, you're using EPiServer in Swedish, it seems as the language add-on is not available in Swedish.

Change your language to English in "My Settings"/"Mina inställningar" in the tab "Display options"/"Visningsalternativ"

Jan 23, 2014 13:07
Vote:

Actually, the gadget should be visible, but the name wouldn't be translated (will show [Missing text '/languagemanager/gadget/title' for 'Swedish'] - you don't even see this error text in the gadgets list?

(That's actually a pretty stupid UI bug though. If no translation exists for the current display language, it should revert to default lang name. )

Jan 23, 2014 13:12
Vote:

When I scan the network traffic while using the UI, I find this when I open the tool to add gadgets.

The request goes to /EPiServer/shell/Stores/componentdefinition/?dojo.preventCache=1390479347657 and here is the part of the JSON response that refers to the LanguageManager gadgetr:

Swedish

{"categories":["cms"],"name":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.LanguageManagerComponent","title":null,"description":null,"componentDefinition":{"definitionName":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.LanguageManagerComponent","id":"b4997e6c-e9ce-4fc0-8337-86e781cdf86c","heading":null,"widgetType":"epi-languagemanager.component.LanguageManager","moduleName":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager","sortOrder":100,"settings":{"modulePath":"/EPiServer/EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager/","moduleClientResourcesPath":"/EPiServer/EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager/1.0.0.0/ClientResources","column":0}}}

English

{"categories":["cms"],"name":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.LanguageManagerComponent","title":"Languages","description":"Helps editors to manage multi-lingual content on the website.","componentDefinition":{"definitionName":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager.LanguageManagerComponent","id":"4314bef4-e311-4016-81b5-26544e7b3aef","heading":"Languages","widgetType":"epi-languagemanager.component.LanguageManager","moduleName":"EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager","sortOrder":100,"settings":{"modulePath":"/EPiServer/EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager/","moduleClientResourcesPath":"/EPiServer/EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager/1.0.0.0/ClientResources","heading":"Languages","column":0}}}

My first clue that something seems really wrong is that the swedish title is null.

Jan 23, 2014 13:20
Vote:

I think this seems to be similar to bug 109078 (http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-list-beta/bug/109078/) and should be fixed in 7.5 (or a future version of 7.5)

Edited, Jan 23, 2014 13:30
Vote:

Thank you both Alf and Arild for helping out!

Arild: I don't see "[Missing text '/languagemanager/gadget/title' for 'Swedish']" in the gadgets list. Agree on it being a stupid UI bug :-)

Jan 23, 2014 13:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.