Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

css and js are returning 404

Vote:

Hello!

Something is crazy with css and js files for the CMS in Episerver 7. They are not reachable and I just get 404 not found when trying to reach them from my browser.

In EpiserverFramework.config, I have this code:

<add virtualPath="~/UI/edit/CMS/" physicalPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\7.0.586.1\application\UI\CMS\"
      customFileSummary="~/FileSummary.config" name="UI" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider,EPiServer" />

In web.config:

<location path="ui/edit">
    <system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
        <clear/>
        <!-- This section is copied from root web.config -->
        <add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="true"/>
        <add path="*.aspx" verb="*" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" validate="true"/>
        <add path="*.ashx" verb="*" type="System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory" validate="true"/>
        <add path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory, System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>
        <add path="*.ascx" verb="*" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler" validate="true"/>
        <add path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" validate="true"/>
      </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>
  </location>

The files are at their location on the disk. The strange thing is that .aspx-files at the same location are returned but not css, js or txt-files.

For example:

<script src="/UI/edit/CMS/Javascript/system.aspx" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/UI/edit/CMS/javascript/editmodeshellintegration.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I can browse the file system.aspx

I can't browse editmodeshellintegration.js.

I really need help, I have no clue about what I can do. Thx!!

Regards.

Feb 27, 2014 21:58
Vote:

By the way, I've read related posts (but not exactly identical) and I have the following setting too:

<scanAssembly forceBinFolderScan="true" />

Feb 27, 2014 22:07
Vote:

The problem is only in the CMS. On the website, there is no problem to get css and js-files.

Feb 27, 2014 22:40
Vote:

What is your system.webServer element content for that location? I would try to enable failed request tracing in IIS and see maybe something interesting there..

Feb 27, 2014 23:48
Vote:

Tracing gives the following summary:

Site 2
Process 3340
Failure Reason STATUS_CODE
Trigger Status 404
Final Status 404
Time Taken 0 msec

Url http://191.238.53.61:17000/UI/edit/CMS/javascript/editmodeshellintegration.js
App Pool xxxxSiteAppPool_v4.0
Authentication anonymous
User from token NT AUTHORITY\IUSR
Activity ID {00000000-0000-0000-A801-0080000000F5}

Error & warning

ModuleName

IIS Web Core

Notification

HttpStatus

HttpReason

Not Found

HttpSubStatus

ErrorCode

ConfigExceptionInfo

Notification

MAP_REQUEST_HANDLER

ErrorCode

The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)

Edited, Feb 28, 2014 9:40
Vote:

Try to add following section to your location element:

<system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <clear />
        <add name="AssemblyResourceLoader-Integrated-4.0" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated-4.0" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="svc-Integrated-4.0" path="*.svc" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer.Framework" />
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>

Mar 04, 2014 15:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.