Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Draft preview make public

Vote:

We have a client that needs the ability to send a link to partners to view a specific version of a page prior to publishing. These links need to be public. ie. Don't require a login.

Ideally we would be able to generate a link and then revoke access but this would be a feature we would look to introduce in the future.

We could just use the 'preview' link in episerver: http://localhost/category/page/?id=XXX_XXX&idkeep=true if we can disable authentication somehow.

I was thinking about trying to implement some kind of custom membership provider that could use some querystring value to allow users in.

Anyone done anything like this or have any suggestions?

Mar 10, 2014 0:10
Vote:

You could add a VirtualRole that you set rights for in the page tree. Then return it for a particular querystring pattern or whatever you see fit.

That way you don't need to mess with the role and membership providers.

Mar 10, 2014 11:14
Vote:

Thanks Johan, that give me something do go on. Now I will look into some kind of way to generate some sort of token to contain this role but that will be a new forum post

Mar 19, 2014 7:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.